Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm back...finally!

Well, it is the second best day of the year today. It’s not my birthday. It’s not an anniversary. It’s not a holiday. It’s Girl Scout cookie delivery day! This day is ranked only behind Christmas and I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Okay, so maybe this really isn’t the second best day of the year (who would put that above a birthday?!?) but I am in the cookie moment and loving every minute of it. This year I ordered Thin Mints (of course) Tagalongs and Lemon Chalet Cremes – I recommend all of the above.

Tonight I’m going to a workout class that I’ve started to attend regularly at my gym – also a fantastic way to end my day of binging on cookies! The class is called Total Conditioning and I can ‘Total’ly feel it for several days. The first time I went I had to use the handicap stall in the bathroom for a week so I would have some help sitting down. I go to the class twice a week (Tuesday and Saturday) and it’s without a doubt the best workout I’ve experienced since conditioning sessions in college. I’m getting excited just writing about it!

Here’s an update on my three goals:
Goal #1: Probably not gonna happen (sorry, Aaron). You’re typically supposed to train for 12 weeks before running these things and I’m already a few weeks behind. I probably won’t be out running anytime soon either – you would understand if you’ve ever experienced a Minnesota winter. J

Goal #2: I actually started studying for the GMAT, the grad school entrance exam, and took a practice exam a couple weeks ago. I was definitely not happy with my score but I have to realize once I spend time studying the materials I will do much better.

Goal #3: I SIGNED UP for the duathlon. I can’t believe I actually went through with it - now I just need to find a bike! I have some time since I won’t need to start training until early July.

Now that I’ve made it easier for everyone to access my blog, I will be writing much more often. Check back and leave comments - I love to hear from all of you! Until next time…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PS: Just so you know, you could run/"walk" the halfer no problem...

Gray Plant Mooty said...

Who is this anonymous person?? Show your face... :)

Randi said...

YOU ARE alive in the blogging world. i was wondering!! good job starting the grad school process!

Anonymous said...

Stacey:

I made it in to your blog! Whew! I am sure you are amazed!

Lofty goals and good luck!

All the best in trying to meet them!

Uncle Phil

Anonymous said...

hey stace!
love this! That's great about the grad school, good luck!!
I agree the Dualathon sounds a lot better than running straight for 26.2 miles...:)
Sounds like all is well, this little blog of yours is great!! talk soon! Jess B

Anonymous said...

I love the changes you made to your blog!