Last weekend was so nice, 67 degrees, sun shining…and this morning I drove to work wearing a winter coat, with my wipers on to remove the SNOW that was falling on my windshield. I never will understand Minnesota weather.
In my last post I mentioned the terrible cold that I was starting to get. I only felt worse as the night went on and I thought for sure I would be dealing with the beast for a couple weeks. Amazingly, I woke up the next morning with a completely clear head and nose…I even had a little spring in my step (although that could have been a result of seeing the beautiful weather). I am so thankful my 24 hour cold didn’t turn into something much worse – that’s usually not my luck.
I feel like such a grownup. A few weeks ago I gave my profit sharing and savings plan information to a friend (who just happens to be a financial planner) and we met for lunch today to go over my options. She explained the difference between a traditional 401k and a Roth 401k and I actually kind of get it now. She also told me the best place to put my money so now I can start finally saving for my retirement. You know the scariest part about the whole thing? I was told that I will be working for 40, yes I said 40, more years….SCARY. Imagine how bad my eyes will be when this is all said and done (that darn computer screen). I’m going to end up looking like Milton.
I am so excited for Friday! Angela’s bridal shower and bachelorette party are this weekend in Sioux Falls…and the best part is that I get to leave work at noon on Friday to get on the road! Her friend, Candice, is hosting the shower at her house Saturday afternoon and we rented a hotel suite for the bachelorette party Saturday night. We’ll be going to dinner (at the restaurant connected to the hotel) and then spending some time in the suite before we hit the town for Ang’s final fling before the ring. Nothing but good behavior, of course!
I just looked at my calendar and realized that my weekends are really starting to fill up this Spring/Summer! I always tell myself that I’m not going to plan things every weekend so I can actually spend some time relaxing and enjoying my free weekends. However, I always get overambitious and want to do so many things and before I know it my summer is gone. Oh well…at least it’s always fun stuff!
Happy Wednesday!
Dear BigSisLilSis.com, I’m sorry…
10 years ago
1 comments:
glad your cold didnt turn into anything!!! cant wait to see ya next week. love ya!
Post a Comment